What’s the most worn out copy you have of a book? You know, the one book that you leaf through every now and then. The book that you’ve definitely read more than once. The one book you have to have in your collection and the book that never gets old.
For me, there are a few.
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- A brief history of time – Stephen Hawking
- The Sicilian – Mario Puzo
- The Amphibian – Alexander Belayev
- Sister of My Heart – Chitra Banerjee Devakurni
- The Namesake – Jhumpa Lahiri
- The Catcher in the Rye – J.D. Salinger
- 1984 – George Orwell
I have a few honourable mentions – a few books titles in my native language, and the Harry Potter series.
Some of these I’ve loved from the first read, and some have grown on me. Either way, these are worn out copies… and I will keep them till they fall apart or I fall apart, whichever comes first.